[mythtv-users] UK DVB Tuning Nightmare

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri May 20 12:43:36 UTC 2011

Paul Gardiner wrote:

>There's a lot of replies, trying to help, but not understanding the OP
>point. I believe he's saying he has
>
>    Mplx A with ch 1 & 2, and Mplx B with ch 3 & 4
>
>from one transmitter, but from another transmitter he has
>
>    Mplx X with ch 2 & 4
>
>Mplx X doesn't provide any new channels, but it provides
>for recording from ch 2 & 4 from only one tuner. I think
>someone has already replies saying that MythTv wont
>automatically take advantage of that, but it was a valid
>point.

That can happen **at the moment**. Once DSO is complete, then it will
**not** be the case - there will be a standard set of channels/mux
nationwide. There will still be the chance to get regional variations
- eg BBC A may carry BBC2 NW from one Tx, and BBC Wales on another.
Thus you may want to tune the BBC A mux from both if you have a
desire to get BBC Wales programming.

Based on my observations while we were going through the hassle ...
Until DSO is complete, they tend to stick use a different lineup. As
I think I mentioned earlier, they may (for example) put the five main
channels on one mux for local repeaters - in our region they replaced
BBC2 analogue with one mux about a month before analogue switch off.

--
Simon Hobson