[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Wed May 18 16:37:01 UTC 2011

On 5/18/2011 12:07 PM, Rod Smith wrote:
> On 05/18/2011 09:17 AM, jr wrote:
>> It looks like the HDHR Prime will be wonderful for those of us with
>> access to copy freely broadcasts.  I am on Time-Warner in the Triad of
>> NC, so I am probably out of luck in that regard, but would like to
>> know for sure. I currently have a cable box (hooked up to an HDPVR and
>> controlled via IR).  Is there a quick and dirty method by which I can
>> discover the list of copy freely channels?  Or is the flag set on a
>> show by show basis?
> Eric Sharkey posted the following to the list on 5/2. It should answer
> your question IF you've got a Motorola box. It worked as claimed on my
> DCH3200. It also worked via the remote control, FWIW.
>
>> If you have a Motorola based STB you can enter diagnostic mode
>> (usually by pushing the power button to turn the box off, then pushing
>> select or ok on the front panel a couple of times within two seconds
>> of pushing the power button).  That will bring up a menu.  Option "d06
>> Current Channel Status" will show information about the current
>> channel, including the copy control information "CCI" which will have
>> hexadecimal values which can be interpreted as described here:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_Control_Information

Would the scanfw application that is online show this information as
well?  I currently have a Motorola STB with an HD-PVR, mainly because
90% of what I record can only come from the STB.  Only a few shows are
available on my HDHR.  If I could get some of those shows via the Prime,
I'd order one in a heartbeat.

Thanks!
Harry