[mythtv-users] Database Error

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Wed May 18 16:05:24 UTC 2011

Frank Phillips<frankalso at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Ken Mandelberg<km at mathcs.emory.edu>wrote:
>

>> I'm getting the error
>>
>> 2011-05-17 00:01:41.336 Driver error was [2/144]:
>> QMYSQL3: Unable to prepare statement
>> Database error was:
>> Table './mythconverg/recordedseek' is marked as crashed and last
>> (automatic?) repair failed
>>
>> 2011-05-17 00:01:41.344 DB Error (delta position map insert):
>> Query was:
>> INSERT INTO recordedseek (chanid, starttime, mark, type, offset)  VALUES (
>> :CHANID , :STARTTIME , :MARK , :TYPE , :OFFSET )
>>

>> What can I do to repair it?
>>

> You can try mysqlcheck -Ap --auto-repair, followed by the mysql root user
> password.

Thanks! That unlocked the seek table and I was able to rebuild the seeks
for the recordings made in the interim.

The more serious problem was with credits.MYI. It had a bad block in the
middle of it and repair got an IO error with it.

Is credits.MYI  just an index file that is rebuilt from other data?

What I did was made a copy of the half up to the bad block, renamed it
credits.MYI and orphaned the bad block in the renamed credits.MYI.

The repair then succeeded, but I'm wondering if I lost data, and if so
what the significance is.