[mythtv-users] Playback problem -- random short pauses

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Tue May 17 19:53:24 UTC 2011

> I've been using the 260's without much issue.
> 256 was a bit more stable, but for some reason I couldn't get
> flash/vpdau/boxee to compile properly/work properly with 256, so I took
> the plunge to 260.  BTW this is on gentoo 2.6.34-r12.

My combined frontend / backend experiences slight pauses as well.  I
have attributed them to recordings starting or ending while we are
watching by simple observation when they occur.  i.e. Pause happens,
check HDHR LEDs to see a tuner is now active.  Next pause happens and
the LED is now off.

Has this been confirmed as a MythTV issue or could it be a kernel
update or something?  I ask as I am still running .23.1-fixes and
experience the pauses on Ubuntu 10.04 (32-bit).  Not at my machine now
so I can not provide specific software versions.

-Mark