[mythtv-users] Unknown programs for Ottawa CBC area

Mike mythtv at dtmc.ca
Tue May 17 00:32:51 UTC 2011

On 16 May 2011 13:42, Mike <mythtv at dtmc.ca> wrote:

>>> I actually wrote to the CBC earlier asking if something was up with
>>> their data.  Maybe that email has fallen into a black hole.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the feedback on channels.  I dont see much choice for
>>> digital channels in downtown Ottawa... and according to tvfool I have
>>> picked up the 3 or 4 from Camp Fortune which seems to give the best
>>> quality reception.  The future does look brighter if/when the analog
>>> channels switch over though... patiently waiting.
>>>

> CBC wrote back to inform me that they have restored OTA EPG
> information in HD transmissions from Ottawa.
> (Yet to check if its actually back on my system.)

Verified that my system has EPG program info back now.

As an aside, this wouldn't be a mythtv thread if it didn't have some
mystery: I happened to have a problem of mythtv at localhost MYSQL access
denied when I started up my frontend after a week of being powered
off.  I found removing ~/.mythtv/ allowed it to come up.  I noticed it
also chose Temporal 2x HW which used to not work very well.  This is
all very bemusing because AFAIK the system updates has been turned
off.
All I did was power down my frontend. (The backend is powered down often)