[mythtv-users] VDPAU for flash video

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Sun May 15 19:56:00 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 08:05:59PM +0200, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello list, I am using my HTPC to watch satellite channels and some HD
> videos with VDPAU.
>
> I want to try to watch some flash video from mythbrowser. Is it
> possible to get hardware acceleration for flash videos?

   Yup. Just run the latest version of Flash.

   However, this requires using features in Flash and it's the webmaster
of the relevant website that's in control of that. So whether or not this
will work out is mostly dependent on the website itself.

[deletia]

    If you want to use Flash, you're probably better off with a faster
machine that can handle decoding Flash in software.