[mythtv-users] One show keeps going to descriptive audio in English AC3 2ch

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Thu May 12 19:44:22 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Daniel Kristjansson
<danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> You don't need to do a new channel scan, this is information that MythTV
> determines from the stream at playback. Any changes they make will only
> be reflected in new recordings. If they believe the problem is fixed and
> you still see it, please make me a 15 second clip of the recording and
> I'll take a look at it. Just use dd to copy a few megabytes from the
> front of the file; it doesn't need to be exactly 15 seconds, just there
> abouts.

Daniel,

Thanks for the help. Just heading out to the airport for some r'n'r so
won't actually be able to do this for a bit. However, I just checked a
live show and the first channel is still showing Undetermined 5.1 and
the second English 2ch.

So would it show a change in a live signal as well as a recorded one?
Don't know what to do here if the network is saying it's fixed on
their end.