[mythtv-users] OT: DVB-T2 projects UK based

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu May 12 12:10:42 UTC 2011

On 12/05/11 11:25, David Watkins wrote:

>> I would give priority to using the roof aerial, unless you're in the
>> same postcode as Crystal Palace.  Your other box should have good
>> starting transport parameters, and setup has a 'look for other
>> transports' setting.  Good luck.
>>

> I'm not in the same postcode, probably 6 miles or so from the
> transmitter, and  I've just noticed that the HD multiplex is quite low
> power!
>
> So I plugged into the roof aerial and rescanned ...
>

> Curiously this scan didn't find any of the previously found DVB
> channels, but it did find four new ones.
>
> BBC HD
> BBC One HD
> ITV1 HD
> Channel 4 HD
>
> Hurrah!

This is interesting stuff, and encouraging.  It's obviously early days,
but does this imply that this device/tuner doesn't work with SD dvb?  Is
this expected?  Is it likely to do so later?

Browsing the Freeview website yesterday I noticed that Tesco has an HD
stb for GBP 30.  The reviews spoke of freezes needing power cycling.  It
has DVMI and component outputs.

My email address notwithstanding, I have no close connection with Tesco
- and dvb-t2 HD  in my area is still a few months away.

John P