[mythtv-users] New issue - stuttering audio on playback of certain recordings/videos

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed May 11 22:49:18 UTC 2011

Hi all -

Just updated to JYA's latest 0.24-fixes binaries.  Previous update was
about three weeks ago, and all has been OK since, until today.  There have
been NO hardware changes or other system tweaks performed.

I now have problems with rhythmic stuttering audio -rapid off/on; (video
is fine) when I play back h.264 recordings made from my HD-PVR (720p) OR
if I play back .mkv videos (same behavior).

Recordings made from the major networks via cable to my HD-HR, or .avi
video files which I have made from these recordings play back just fine,
as do .m4v files (ripped DVDs from my collection).

As I said, prior to this latest update, all of the above recordings/videos
worked fine. I did try checking/unchecking the box which overrides source
audio bitrate - didn't make any difference.

Is there something that I need to change in settings?

Running:
Ubuntu 10.04LTS, 64-bit with VDPAU @ high-quality
Intel Q6600 @2.4GHz, 8G RAM; GT220-based video card
HD-HR and HD-PVR (latter being fed at 720p, and using digital/optical
sound output).

I am using a Sony 7.1 receiver (with a 5.1 speaker arrangement at the
moment; the receiver is configured for 5.1).  I have heard that there have
been issues with Sony and Myth - in particular when switching from digital
to analog and back.  Has anyone else noticed this and have any
recommendations?

Thanks!
Bob