[mythtv-users] Win-tv 950-Q firmware version?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue May 10 18:46:06 UTC 2011

On 5/10/2011 13:46, Martin, Charles wrote:
> Thanks for your input on this, it was very helpful.  Unfortunately, my setup is a little different:
> I'm trying to bring this up in a STB's (an IntelCE 4100) Linux environment, and they're running a pre-2.6.32 kernel.

In case you haven't yet gotten thus far, a CE4100 will be next to
useless for MythTV.  The video decoder available on those chips is not
supported in Linux, and the systems are only available to Intel
development partners, preventing our video devs from writing one even
should they want to.  The 1.2GHz Atom itself is insufficient for
anything beyond SD MPEG2 video.

Of course if you have access to the development kit and intend to write
the video output support, then by all means, proceed!