[mythtv-users] Error inserting lirc_zilog

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon May 9 19:14:37 UTC 2011

On May 9, 2011, at 7:51 AM, Martin G wrote:

> MythTV Users,
>
> I recently upgraded to Mythbuntu 11.04, and most everything went smoothly except that my Hauppauge PVR-150 stopped working.
>
> The problem seems to be that the lirc_zilog is broken. I followed the same instructions that worked to get lirc to work on Mythbuntu 10.10, but this time I got the following error:
>
> $ sudo modprobe lirc_zilog
> FATAL: Error inserting lirc_zilog (/lib/modules/2.6.38-9-generic/kernel/drivers/staging/lirc/lirc_zilog.ko): Invalid argument
>
> How do I clear up this error and get lirc working in Mythbuntu 11.04?
>
> Thank you for any advice.

lirc_zilog isn't broken, you're probably supplying a module option to
it that is no longer valid. Look at dmesg output just after trying to
load it. Best guess: you've got disable_rx=1 set somewhere, and its
no longer valid, the parameter name is now tx_only. This was part of
a larger lirc_zilog cleanup to make it less racy and actually unloadable
without nuking your system...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com