[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase has stopped working!

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Mon May 9 10:51:33 UTC 2011

Around about 09/05/11 10:16, George Poulson typed ...
> There are obviously a few ways to 'fix' this (relocate the tv_grab binary,
> make a symbolic link, modify the environment ...) - can anyone suggest the
> 'best' way?

   Safest is to have a specific cron file for that (and maybe other Myth
jobs) and amend PATH in that file.  You may be able to do it on a per-job
basis;  see the crontab man page, I don't remember OTTOMH.

   Actually, I may be thinking of sudo!  Maybe add the PATH to the cron job
entry, then:

* blah * * *  PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin mythfilldatabase args...

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature