[mythtv-users] trandcoding messes up 6 channel audio slow audio playback

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun May 8 23:39:23 UTC 2011

On 9 May 2011 05:06, Alan Anderson <andersonas at comcast.net> wrote:
> Its time to upgrade the mythtv backend.  Since I have to burn in the new
> hardware I thought it was a good time to test this sound issue on a brand
> new FC14 mythtv, mysql installion.  The last test of a 1080i recording
> (HDHomerun) with 6 channel sound resulted in the slow speed sound in
> the recording.
>
> kernel    2.6.35.12-90.fc14.x86_64
> mythtv version from atrpms mythtv-0.24-271.fc14.x86_64

This gives us no clues whatsoever as to what version of myth you are running.

The mythtranscode fix for multichannel audio was backported to 0.24
during the week-end.

Moving to a new hardware or a new OS isn't going to help solving a
problem that is in myth and if myth doesn't include the fix well...
it's not going to be fixed right?