[mythtv-users] [MythWeather] Satellite image for Europe

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sun May 8 21:10:02 UTC 2011

2011/5/8 Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello list, I am using MythWeather to see actual conditions and 3 days
>> forecast. I want to add a satellite image, it will be great to make it
>> animated.
>>
>> I want to get the image from spanish AEMET:
>> http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/observacion/satelite/infra
>>
>> I searched on the default weather grabbers for barcelona, spain and
>> europe and I did not get any result. I want to get an image near
>> Barcelona.
>>
>> Anyone with europe satellite images parser?
>>
>> Thanks for your help, kind regards.
>
> I can do that for you.  The terms of use seem reasonable and work for us
> (free to use as long as you give attribution).  It might take me a few days
> to get to this, but this should be simple enough.

Thanks Gavin, I have no idea how to parse the data, but tell me if you
need some info.

Here is more info about data:
http://www.aemet.es/es/zona_portada_destacada/politicadatos

And this is the public data server: ftp://ftpdatos.aemet.es

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano