[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend Sementationn Fault -- Fedora 14, Mythtv 0.24-7

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun May 8 09:35:59 UTC 2011

On 08/05/11 08:40, Javier Perez wrote:
> Hi
> Mythfrontend is causing a segmentation fault whenever I try to start it.
>
> I already tried the service port fix but it did not work
>
> What should I do to fix this?

We would need a backtrace to debug the segfault which would tell us in
which part of the code to look for the problem.

Since it appears a core file was created you may be able to create the
bt from that using the instructions from the last section of this wiki
page :-
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging

The bt produced from the core may not contain enough information to
figure out where the segfault is so we may ask you to temporarily
install the debug builds for Myth and get a new bt from those which
would contain more information.

Paul H.