[mythtv-users] How do I get lirc to work in F14 >2.6.34.10-74 (using ir_kbd_i2c)

David Krainess davidkrainess at yahoo.com
Sun May 8 00:44:03 UTC 2011

--- On Sat, 5/7/11, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> From: Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com>
> I am using the ir receiver that
> came with my > PVR-350 and a Harmony One remote that mimics the
> MythTVKnoppMyth remote in the Harmony database.

Also, the older lirc_i2c hauppauge driver worked with many (maybe all) RC-5 device codes.  The Hauppauge grey remote specifically uses device code 30 (don't know what the other Hauppauge remote used).  The irkbd-i2c fixes that "bug for some and/or feature for others", and specifically requires RC-5, device 30.

Your Harmony may be using another RC-5 device code and worked just fine with lirc_i2c, but if it is not device code 30, it will not work with the new irkbd-i2c driver, AFAIK.

If you have the original Hauppauge remote, you should first use that to rule out the Harmony config you are using may be incorrectly programmed.  I don't have a Harmony remote or know anything about them, maybe Logitech shows you the protocol setup data in their software to validate device code 30 is being used.