[mythtv-users] Asus AT3N7A-I

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat May 7 00:05:24 UTC 2011

On 05/05/2011 07:31 PM, Frank Phillips wrote:
> It's in linux-next now, so it will be in 2.6.40, sorry about that. It's only
> a one-file patch, so you could just patch and compile drivers/net/r8169.c if
> you have a recent compiled kernel tree, or grab a snapshot of the linux-next
> tree and compile it.
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git;a=commit;h=01dc7fec4025f6bb72b6b98ec88b375346b6dbbb
> Here is the firmware that goes in /lib/firmware/:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/linux-firmware.git;a=tree;f=rtl_nic
>
> Which XID do you have?

Sorry. XID? The only references I could find to that acronym appear to
refer to some sort of Nvidia error code.
I'm not near the box ATM so I have no idea what errors it might have
reported, and I'm not sure where they would be listed.

The original problem was fixed by upgrading to Fedora 15 from the
no-network Fedora 12.
I will see if the freezing problem (which may or may not be related to
the NIC) is alleviated by a kernel upgrade.

Thanks for the firmware reference. Not sure which file I actually
need...Or should I grab all 5 files and put them in /lib/firmware?

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury