[mythtv-users] "Scan for New Music" stopped working

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Fri May 6 02:01:31 UTC 2011

Steven Adeff wrote:
> MythMusic is slated for a rewrite anyway, so I figured not worth
> wasting the
> developers time with such a minor bug that may be a PITA to actually
> figure
> out. Plus, I don't know that many people with music libraries this
> large (I
> live with 5 other people, so our combined libraries account for why
> my
> system has so many)

I currently have a much smaller music archive (currently less than
200 ripped CDs), so I don't think it is size-related. For me,
playing some music, even for a fraction of a second, seems to
"initialise" something in MythMusic, and then scan for music works
correctly every time in that frontend session. Without playing
first, scan simply does nothing.
--
Mike Holden