[mythtv-users] Help getting MythTV 0.24 working with a Pinnacle PCTV HD PCI card

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Thu May 5 17:39:05 UTC 2011

On 11-05-03 02:58 PM, WAYNE M wrote:

>> Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 14:48:43 -0400
>> From: mythtv at rtr.ca
>> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>> CC: waynemot at msn.com
>> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Help getting MythTV 0.24 working with a Pinnacle
> PCTV HD PCI card
>>
>> On 11-05-03 12:59 PM, WAYNE M wrote:
>> >
>> > I've got a setup as follows
>> > Gateway E4000 with 1.8Ghz P4, 256MB ram, Nvidia FX 5600, Pinnacle PCTV HD PCI
>> > card, etc.
>> > I have never had success with MythTV with this setup but with 0.24 it's closer
>> > than before and I'd really like to use MythTV if I can.
>> ..
>>
>> Your rambling post never did spell out exactly what you want.
..
>> But it will need a more up-to-date kernel, to ensure it has the benefits
>> of the latest driver fixes and stuff.
>>
>> I think 2.6.32 and later should be good, but I run 2.6.36 (and newer)
>> here for the XC5000 stuff.
..
> I'm trying to get this card to receive HD OTA signals.

Okay.  Your comments about "snow" were very confusing there,
because "snow" happens only with analog TV, not DTV ("HD").

> Now, do you have any actual things to *help* debug what is setup wrong?

Yes.  See above.
Also, configure the capture device as "DVB", not whatever type
of analog setting you've currently got in mythtv-setup.

Also note Devin's comment about ensuring the firmware file exists.

Cheers