[mythtv-users] HBO Latino, how to manage Spanish language versions of stations

Don Lewis dl-mythtv at catspoiler.org
Thu May 5 00:02:36 UTC 2011

On  4 May, David Engel wrote:
> On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 03:31:45PM -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> >
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > That was going to be my first suggestion.  Why doesn't it work for
>> > you?
>>
>> Why? dunno, but when I do that and force a scheduler rerun it still
>> picks up the channels set to -1.
>>
>> I did notice that the  EP # for the english and spanish version are
>> different, but it looks like Myth only uses the Title for matches =/
>
> Yes, Myth only uses title for matching, but it does use programid for
> duplicate/same program detection.  If the episode numbers are
> different for English and Spanish versions, I wonder if the programids
> are different too.  I just checked and that appears to be the case.
>
> For movies, special or any other "single-shot" recordings, I suggest
> you use FindOne rules.  With the lowered priority for HBO Latino, that
> should work most of the time.  For series and recurring recordings, I
> think you're going to be out of luck unless you want to use custom
> rules.  Because the programids are different, Myth will always think
> the Spanish versions are different and try to record them too.

For the series/recurring case, you can add "Record at any time on
channel" rules for each of the English channels.

At least in MythWeb, the FindOne rule doesn't have an option to limit it
to a specific channel. Even if it did, and you added rules for each of
the English channels, the problem would be that the first recording of
the program would purge it's associated rule, but the other instances of
the FindOne rule for the other channels would hang around forever, but
they wouldn't trigger addditional recordings as long as duplicate
detection was enabled.