[mythtv-users] Question, recording/watching the same channel multiple times

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue May 3 16:54:58 UTC 2011

I know livetv isnt an actively developed section (or encouraged)
section of myth, and I was also watching the snooker (set it to record
and watch the recording).

But LiveTV is a little, awkward and doesnt optimise channel/tuner
usage at all, its a shame but at the same time MythTV wasnt designed
to be used for livetv; if it were it would look to see if there is a
tuner on the same multiplex and use that and if the user chose another
channel look to see if a tuner is already on that multiplex and if so,
use that.

Alternatively use a tuner per livetv session until a conflict and then
optimise if another tuner requirement was determined (schedule or
livetv). In anycase; MythTV is rarely used in my household - I am
thinking of removing it from the menu so visitors dont go poking
around in there as the interface is clunky when multi-record is
enabled.