[mythtv-users] How MythTV Works / Custom Front End

Benn Cass (STAFF) BennCass at leggott.ac.uk
Tue May 3 09:17:08 UTC 2011

I have mythTV setup on a server but I want to let users start a
recording going from a website on a different server.

Does mythTV use a database to start recordings off?

What I want to do is have a website with a TV guide and when they click
on it it automatically schedules it to record.

So can I just to an insert sql statement into a database table?

I know there is mythtv web but I want it to be simpler than that so
users cannot delete recordings and change them etc.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Benn

The information contained in this email message is confidential.  It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient(s) you are requested to delete any copy of this email and notify us by reply.

Think before you print.