[mythtv-users] Unknown programs for Ottawa CBC area

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue May 3 01:10:23 UTC 2011

On 11-05-02 09:01 PM, Mike wrote:
> On 2 May 2011 20:16, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
>> On 11-05-02 07:13 PM, Mike wrote:
>>> So I've just checked my system and I've been using EIT program data.
>>> I dont have a schedules direct listing service and never have done.
>>> I've restarted the backend, told it to fill the database.
>> ..
>>> I'm guessing since I've not changed anything in my system that CBC has
>>> decided to not bother sending program information EIT... I now have
>>> one massive "unknown".
>>>
>>> But I'm open to other suggestions and I suppose eventually I will
>>> subscribe to a better XMLTV source.
>>
>> I noticed fairly early on (2-3 years ago) that the EIT data frequently
>> wasn't as current as the SchedulesDirect data -- very much the opposite
>> of how one might expect things to function.
..

An odd thing though, is that YOU noticed the lack of EIT data,
at about the same time that I noticed lack of schedulesdirect (SD) data.

Weird that.  I wonder if CBC had a bit of a botch-job in passing data
along to various electronic outlets?

>Its just a bit of an expense for the one channel I watch, out of three
>available to me.

I get five OTA locals, plus PBS, off the antenna arrays here in Bells Corners,
plus all of the existing analog stuff that will soon change to DTV.

The monthly cable-fee savings from OTA easily paid for the Mythtv box,
big-screen television, and SD donation.  :)  But if you're stuck in a
reception black hole or restricted apartment, well.. I feel for you.

Cheers