[mythtv-users] Loud pop/crackle sound during playback

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Mon May 2 14:59:17 UTC 2011

Looks like this issue is unique to the JYA 24 fixes branch.  Most
recently, this issue was happening multiple times a day while running
JYA (I had actually forgotten I just running JYA on that particular
frontend and left that out of my original post), I reverted back to
regular 24 fixes branch and have gone 4 days without any pops.

The issue occurred while watching content (both 2 ch and 5.1), but
could be reproduced more often by skipping forward and back in the
recording randomly.  The pop seems loudest from the right rear
speaker.  When I disable the rear speakers via my amp the sound came
from the front left.

Should I open a ticket for this issue?

Thanks
Dave