[mythtv-users] Hauppauge remote control (Nova-T DVB-T)

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Sun May 1 19:38:39 UTC 2011

On 01/05/2011 18:01, Martin Jones wrote:
> Is it your lircd.conf and hardware.conf?
>
> I use a ps3 bs remote and each update I do updates restore these to
> defaults but the old ones will be kept in the same directory
>
> Martin

I think hardware.conf is my main problem.

I have a couple of different lircd.conf files to try one the
hardware.conf is set up correctly (and I think I know which lircd.conf
is correct).

I just looked in /etc/lirc, but the only older version was from before I
tried one of the other Mythbuntu options yesterday.

I have just found these two hardware.conf files in a backup folder I had.

A:
# /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
#
# Arguments which will be used when launching lircd
LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Don't start lircmd even if there seems to be a good config file
START_LIRCMD=false

#Try to load appropriate kernel modules
LOAD_MODULES=true

# Run "lircd --driver=help" for a list of supported drivers.
DRIVER="dev/input"
# If DEVICE is set to /dev/lirc and devfs is in use /dev/lirc/0 will be
# automatically used instead
DEVICE="/dev/input/event2"
MODULES=""

# Default configuration files for your hardware if any
LIRCD_CONF=""
LIRCMD_CONF=""

B:
# /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
#
# Arguments which will be used when launching lircd
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Don't start lircmd even if there seems to be a good config file
START_LIRCMD=false

#Try to load appropriate kernel modules
LOAD_MODULES=true

# Run "lircd --driver=help" for a list of supported drivers.
REMOTE_DRIVER="dev/input"
# If DEVICE is set to /dev/lirc and devfs is in use /dev/lirc/0 will be
# automatically used instead
# DEVICE="/dev/input/event2"
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/input/irremote"
REMOTE_MODULES=""

# Default configuration files for your hardware if any
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF=""
LIRCMD_CONF=""

I'm not sure if I should be trying to use them though because the last
time I had the remote set up, the instructions I followed for Ubuntu
worked fine. Something seems to be different now according to the people
who have written those tutorials, but neither has actually done an update.

Any next tips?

Anyone usung the type of IR reciever that plugs into a Hauppauge card
that could nudge me in the rights direction? I'm using Ubuntu 10.10, but
will upgrade to 11.04 in a week or so.

Thanks
Damian