[mythtv-users] Analog to digital transition

GMAIL zeretic at gmail.com
Sun May 1 13:57:35 UTC 2011

Hello all,

So after several years of running my mythTV setup on ubuntu with Hauppauge analog capture cards and cable (us Comcast) I am making the transition to digital.

Currently have two cards - three tuners - which I plan to replace with two 2250's. Wishing to minimize downtime so am trying to sort out the best path.

Am thinking of swapping one card at a time, getting the first card setup, then upgrade to digital and then install the second redoing schedules etc for both as necessary.

My understanding is that there currently is digital signal on the line (so says Comcast) so I should be able to setup and debug the first 2250 without total service disruption as that is the families preference.

Question for the group: does this make sense or should I just take the downtime hit and upgrade to full digital first? Also is there a cookbook available for installing/setup for the 2250?

Thank you,
-m