[mythtv-users] nuvexport audio sync

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun May 1 09:21:02 UTC 2011

On 1 May 2011 18:08, Joel Ebel <mythtv at ebel.mybox.org> wrote:

> number of channels for the output stream.  I guess it's trying to
> preserve 6 channels into an mp3.  This will take some hacking to work
> around, but I'm curious if anyone else has had to resolve this problem.

It's been resolved a few days ago. I'm yet to backport the fix to 0.24-fixes..

Ultimately, the myth transcoding can only support the following option:

-Video == MPEG-2 with any audio: mythtranscode can preserve both the
original video and audio. This will output a mpeg file
-For any other input (either uncompressed or mp3): only stereo, 16
bits will be output, in a nuv container

Mythtranscode is due for a serious rewrite, hopefully using a modern
container like MKV, rather than the crap nuv.

Jean-Yves