[mythtv-users] Great experience with MythTV

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Wed Mar 30 13:25:17 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
> On 11-03-29 09:23 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
> ..
>> I have general "nothing works reliably" digital or analog
>> when both are configured on a single 950Q or 800i.
>> The analog TV is on the xc5000 in both cases,
>> but I suspect a more general Mythtv bug somewhere.  :)
>
> Back in Mythtv-0.22, I did have the HVR-950Q working reasonably
> well for a spell, with both the analog and digital sides defined.
> But eventually something changed somewhere (either in mythtv,
> or during in a kernel driver), and it's never been the same since.

I did the original driver work using 0.22 as my testbed (and was
comfortable that it was working pretty well).  You aren't the first
person to say "I upgraded to 0.24 and now everything is unreliable".

There haven't been any driver changes to the 950q since I did the
original 0.22 work, so I suspect strongly that there was a regression
in MythTV - although I haven't had any time to install and debug it.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com