[mythtv-users] Incorrect listings after DST clock change (UK)

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Mar 30 10:15:52 UTC 2011

On 30/03/11 08:20, Neil Bird wrote:
> Around about 29/03/11 14:11, Nick Morrott typed ...
>> Do you have an XMLTV offset configured in mythtv-setup which is being
>> applied to the input data?
>
>     I checked last night, and found it was “None”.  I *may* have fiddled with
> that when I first updated to 0.24, I don't remember.
>
>     Still, I changed it to “Auto” and re-ran the grab, but it's still coming
> in an hour out.
>
>     I'm on the verge of getting the XMLTV data and script-editing all the
> times forward an hour before feeding them into Myth ...

I can confirm that the problems you are seeing are your very own. As a UK RT
xmltv user I have noticed absolutely *no* problems since the hour changeover.
All the times were/are correct and of the many programs I have recorded since
every one has come in on time and recorded the correct thing.

Do you run ntpd on every relevant host? Are they syncing to the correct
reference sites? Is your timezone data up to date and correct - and identical on
all hosts?

In other news, I have a network tape backup which is set to run at 01:05 every
night. Guess what I found when I logged in Sunday morning...

--

Mike Perkins