[mythtv-users] Great experience with MythTV

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Wed Mar 30 01:26:01 UTC 2011

On 11-03-29 08:18 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> Note that is generally preferred to remove all tuners, and add them all
> back, if reorganizing stuff.  The order you define capture cards is the
> order the scheduler will use them, and that should be the method of
> controlling tuner selection rather than setting tuner priorities.

Really?  That sounds like its asking for trouble,
as I'm 100% positive that someday somebody will alter
something such that the "order of definition" no longer
equals "priority".

I very much prefer to set the priorities myself regardless
of what order tuners get defined in, just for the positive
assurance that specific tuners will be preferred when recording.

For LiveTV, things may be different.  Dunno.

Cheers