[mythtv-users] PVR-250 remote control: compatible with PCTV-800i interface

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Mar 29 20:47:53 UTC 2011

On 11-03-29 04:42 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Mar 29, 2011, at 4:07 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
..
>> There are lots of options here, but I do really like the PVR-250
>> silver remote (the smaller version), and we have a pair of them here.
>
> Wait, what? You *like* those? Heh. I think they're atrocious. :)

:) Well, they certainly were, until I fixed the drivers for them!

But they're nice and simple, without zillions of confusing buttons
to remember, and we've gotten used to them now.  So they stay!  :)

And they're not nearly as nice through LIRC (responsiveness is much worse),
so despite having built my own FTDI universal receiver, I prefer the
dedicated hauppauge ports on the PVR-250 and PCTV-800i cards.

Cheers