[mythtv-users] Do you build mythtv from source, and why?

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Mar 29 16:31:25 UTC 2011

On 11-03-29 12:01 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
..
> Speaking of Mythbuntu -- it would be Really Nice if somebody there could
> take a look at the Upstart startup/shutdown sequence.  It mostly works
> by accidents of timing, and doesn't work at all in the system I have here,
> with the rootfs on a very very fast SSD.  That throws the timing way off.
..

Note:  I'm one of the (probably few) Mythtv users who actually
has their Mythtv box power down between recordings/viewings,
using the RTC to wake it up again in time for the next recording.

So this box does a lot more boots/shutdowns than most Mythtv boxes,
making any glitches in the sequence much more apparent.

Cheers