[mythtv-users] Air Video and Mythfs FUSE Mount

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Mar 28 18:06:48 UTC 2011

On 3/28/2011 13:58, jmk wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-03-28 at 09:35 -0700, scram69 wrote:
>> It sounds like you are running the air video server on your Mac
>> serving content from your backend that your Mac accesses via the FUSE
>> mount (correct me if I've misunderstood).
>> I've been quite successful with an alternate approach - running the
>> Air Video server directly on my backend following
>> http://wiki.birth-online.de/know-how/hardware/apple-iphone/airvideo-server-linux
>> and using the latest server executable here:
>> http://www.inmethod.com/forum/posts/list/1856.page
>> Note: under Ubuntu 10.10, you no longer need the custom ffmpeg
>>
>> I run a mythlink.pl cron job that creates links to the recorded shows
>> with nice titles for the iphone-
>>
>> HTH,
>> Steve
> I've run it on my Mac in the past, but my goal here is to get the server
> running on my Linux Myth backend. I installed AirVideo from the PPA
> discussed here:
>
> http://blog.frameos.org/2011/02/08/installing-airvideo-linux-server-in-ubuntu/
>
> I have it working now with a mythlink directory. However, I'd prefer to
> use the FUSE mythfs.py script over mythlink to get realtime updates and
> not have to wait for the cron job to run. It just seems a cleaner
> approach to me. Unfortunately, AirVideo reports each recording as having
> an invalid stream when accessed through the mount. I'm not sure why it
> dislikes FUSE...

It's more likely due to a bug in the bindings themselves.  The event
system in the bindings gets caught up dealing with partially transmitted
image preview events, and due to a bug with how this is handled, the
connection to the backend is rendered unusable at that point.  Since
that single shared connection is used for control of all file streaming,
the mount will only function on locally available files after such an
event.  Mythfs must be remounted to correct this.