[mythtv-users] MythTV backend no longer boots

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 04:08:45 UTC 2011

My Myth backend/frontend has been running well for a long time (2/3
years?).  Currently, it's running MythTV-0.24.0-fixes on Fedora 13.

Lately it has been having frequent shut-downs on it own, which I
usually attribute to heat.  So I shut it down, opened it up and did a
through cleaning, blowing out the dust and cleaning all the fans.  At
first I was able to get it reconnected and restarted... however, it
was not recording anything.  There were errors about a lack of space
to create TMP tables in MySQL.  For some reason, I couldn't restart
mysqld; so I attempted a reboot.

Now, the system seems to lock up at "Starting monitoring for VG
vg_server02: [OK]".  Unfortunately, I can't seem to get any other
error messages to appear beyond this point, so I don't know what else
to do.

Any ideas?

Pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL seems to initiate a system shutdown, so I know
the machine isn't hard-locked up... but I don't know where to look.

Thanks,