[mythtv-users] HDHR dead?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sun Mar 27 13:09:51 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
> I believe the replacement they offered was less expensive than an equivalent part from Radio Shack/The Source.

Well, the local Radio Shack wants $40 for the wall wart, and it
doesn't even come with the assortment of tips to fit different
receptacles like they used to.  Tips are $7 each, but they give you
one for free with the purchase of the wart.  (How generous...)
Anyone know of a cheaper source?

This is about a third of the cost of a completely new HDHR, with no
guarantee that it would work, for a tuner that I was hoping to
obsolete with the purchase of an HDHR Prime when it becomes available
(in 2015 at the current pace...).

Would any of these work?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200783&cm_re=ac_adapter_5v-_-12-200-783-_-Product

http://www.amazon.com/5V-Power-Supply-LINKSYS-CISCO/dp/B002S2EIEW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1301231256&sr=1-1