[mythtv-users] mythconverg_backup.pl --rotate 10

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 10:03:04 UTC 2011

Hi,

I use the example in the wiki (exact copy and paste from wiki is the
subject above) to increase the number of backups; afterall if you are
doing an upgrade it automatically creates a new backup and I got to a
position where I had forgotten to take a backup of the db backups
database before starting upgrades and nearly ran out of backups so I
would not have been able to restore to a pre-upgrade state...

anyway... I have a cron job running with

mythconverg_backup.pl --rotate 20

but my directory has... only 9 files in it and of those 4 are from a
failed (and aborted) upgrade to 0.24 and 5 of the files are current
schema backups; this is dispite the cron job stating keep 20
backups...

I am on 0.23.1 and mythconverg_backup.pl --help reports v1.0.9

any ideas?