[mythtv-users] HDHR dead?

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Sat Mar 26 12:56:30 UTC 2011

HDHRs are known for power adapter issues (especially Gen 1).  I have one of
my 3 units that has suffered a power adapter going bad twice now, and it
displayed exactly the symptoms you describe.  The last time it went bad, I
skipped Silicondust altogether and went to Radio Shack and picked up one of
their universal adapters (the HDHRs use an odd power rating) and it has been
solid ever since.

Personally, I'd start there.  I'm willing to bet that's your problem.

Scott