[mythtv-users] move recordings to another, existing backend

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 19:35:36 UTC 2011

> On 03/24/2011 02:50 PM, John Drescher wrote:
>>
>> Are both backends using the same database?
>
> No, both backends are their own master backends.

You will then probably have to use mytharchive to export the
recordings. Then reimport. There is an option to export separate from
creating a dvd. It may even be called archive. I can not remember. I
think this will require you to create an additional copy of every
recording you need to move temporarily which you can delete after the
reimport. I guess to save space you can archive a little at a time.

John