[mythtv-users] Technisat skystar HD 2

Staffan Pettersson staffan.pettersson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 09:20:30 UTC 2011

Hi

I have been helping my father getting his mythtv system working
relaible. Myself is using mythtv with a happauge nova-s2 and it is
working pretty good. My fathers system on the other hand is using a
technisat skystar HD 2 and we cant make it work reliable :=(. It seems
 to be a jungle of witch driver the card should use, we are using the
latest linuxtv.org driver and with that the signal/snr monitor does
not work in mythtv nor dvb-apps/szap. We can tune to some channels but
not many.

Do anyone knows if we can get the signal monitor working with any
other driver? i think we need to calibrate the dish more.

Our system is running:
 mythbuntu lucid
mythtv 0,24-fixes
sat Thor 0.8 w