[mythtv-users] Frontend hardware confusion.

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Tue Mar 22 23:04:49 UTC 2011

2011/3/22 Ajay Sharma <ajayrockrock at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Kenni Lund <kenni at kelu.dk> wrote:
>> 2011/3/22 Jan Johansson <j2 at mupp.net>:
>>> The wiki states that ION2 with Feature Set C for VDPAU should be able to
>>> play “pretty much anything” on even an Atom-box.
>>>
>>> So, right now, I am considering something like a ZOTAC ZBOX ID41-E
>>> http://www.dustin.se/pd_5010550080.aspx
>>
>> I ordered a Zotac Zbox ID41 yesterday :) I'm going to use it as a
>> dedicated frontend. Beware that the above link claims it's a 1.66GHz
>> CPU, that's wrong, the Atom D525 in ID41 is 1.80GHz.
>
> Where did you order yours from?  I just did some casual searches and
> couldn't find it in stock anywhere.  (I'm in the US btw)

Far far away; Denmark...or well, the webshop is in Denmark, but I just
got the TNT tracking number, and apparently they're shipping it from
Germany :) It's the only shop which has the Zbox in stock here - and
the shop just got it in stock a few days ago. The rest of the webshops
here will apparently get them in stock on around the 30th. So it is
pretty new here as well.

Best regards
Kenni