[mythtv-users] [UK] DVB-S2 Tuning Problem (Five HD, Luxe TV HD)?

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Mar 22 12:11:28 UTC 2011

On 22 Mar 2011, at 12:50, David Knight wrote:

> On Mon, March 21, 2011 6:16 pm, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>>>
>>> I wasn't aware that was possible. How do you set them up?
>>
>> Ah, I remember. Say no more.
>>
>> Is it record or playback that's failing? If record is ok, can you
>> get a sample? If it stopped working when you upgraded to 0.24-fixes,
>> I wonder about the H264 parser changes made for the sake of BBC HD
>> (although I remember you being involved in the discussions at the time,
>> so would imagine you've taken on those changes before this upgrade).
>> The parser displays some warnings which might be useful, but it doesn't
>> use the logging system, instead outputting to stderr. I'm not sure
>> where you'd expect them to end up.
>>
>> Paul.
>>

> Hi Paul, Unfortunately I didn't test other HD channels at the time -
> stupid I know :)

I found that the "BBC HD" patches improved all UK HD channels.

But in general terms for my setup 0.24 is much more likely to hiccup when recording HD, I have disabled backend logging '"-v none" which reduces the effects of the deluge of recorder h264 errors.

There were some recorder threading related patches submitted in the last day or so, I'm working away this week so will try them when I return and see if they help in my case.

Andre