[mythtv-users] mceusb as an input device

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Mar 22 04:33:21 UTC 2011

On Mar 11, 2011, at 1:00 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2011, at 11:00 PM, Harry Orenstein wrote:
>>> Never mind, found it via Amazon for $50 for the entire bundle,
>>> including the remote, transceiver, a Hauppauge HVR-950Q and the
>>> TiVo software. I have no actual *use* for any of it, beyond the
>>> fun of making it work, but I went ahead and ordered it. Not a
>>> bad deal for everything you get. Looks like its just a modified
>>> NEC protocol (probably doing something similar to what Apple
>>> does with their modified NEC proto), so adding proper support
>>> shouldn't be terribly hard.
>>
>> I had the same idea and did some research.  It IS a modified NEC protocol and I
>> used the existing NEC decoder to get two keys working (Page Down and 8) using
>> the dib0700_nec keymap, I think.  I actually paid a bit less for mine, but
>> thanks for going the extra mile (parsec, really).
>
> What can I say, I'm a sucker for new toys... Sadly, I forgot that I was
> going to be working from home today when I placed the order, and its being
> delivered to the office (probably sitting on my desk by now), but I should
> be able to poke at it next week. I don't anticipate this being too bad to
> get properly sorted out.

Yep, modified NEC just like Apple's remotes. The first two bytes of the
signal are a vendor code, 0xa10c, rather than a command !command pair
to be checksummed. I've got an entire keytable together for it now, but
its actually going to require me to finally get around to some NEC
decoder modifications to allow these types of signals to be decoded.

(Actually, I already wrote some code a few months back, but we still need
to settle on how best to actually handle this w/the in-kernel decoders).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com