[mythtv-users] No subtitle support in Mythvideo on 0.24

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 01:14:35 UTC 2011

On 22 March 2011 09:02, Adam Jimerson <vendion at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there no support for subtitles in the mythvideo plugin?  I have
> several movies/TV shows that have subtitles embedded into the file and
> they work in other media players but in MythTV I can't find a way to
> turn the subtitles on.

Adam,

The easiest way to check what is available/supported is to bring up
the OSD menu during playback and see what (if anything) is listed
under Subtitles.

If there is nothing listed and you're expecting 'something', please
post the output of mythfrontend -v playback for one of those files -
which will indicate at least what type of captioning it is.

regards

Mark