[mythtv-users] Custom Schedule for Formula One|Formula 1|F1GP

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 12:59:27 UTC 2011

> LIKE isn't "clever" at all. The % symbol is a wildcard, equivalent to * when
> using say, ls *
> Also mysql is case sensitive (I think)

I thought 'like' wasn't case sensitive and
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/pattern-matching.html seems to
support this, saying 'In MySQL, SQL patterns are case-insensitive by
default.' and giving the example:

To find names beginning with “b”:

mysql> SELECT * FROM pet WHERE name LIKE 'b%';
| name   | owner  | species | sex  | birth      | death      |
| Buffy  | Harold | dog     | f    | 1989-05-13 | NULL       |
| Bowser | Diane  | dog     | m    | 1989-08-31 | 1995-07-29 |