[mythtv-users] HDMI Audio Zotac 430 GT

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Mon Mar 21 00:45:58 UTC 2011

From: Marc Randolph
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2011 8:27 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] HDMI Audio Zotac 430 GT

>2. Ubuntu users can get up-to-date ALSA via PPA, which I assume would
>fix the kernel update issue (I haven't updated kernels in quite a
>while): https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/InstallingLinuxAlsaDriverModules

>If the PPA updates too frequently, you could always update and once
>you have it working, disable the PPA.  That's what I did.

>Have fun,

  > Marc

I was actually using that ppa, and with the update to 2.6.32-30 (from-29),
there hasn't been a corresponding update in the ppa...which led me on my
search for an alternate way to re-install the 1.0.24 drivers.

sudo apt-get install linux-alsa-driver-modules-$(uname -r)
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package linux-alsa-driver-modules-2.6.32-30-generic

Though you raise an interesting point.  I suppose it's possible that there
was something in the install from the ppa that was keeping my HDMI stable
that got wiped out with the 2.6.32-30 update.  I swapped my GT220 back into
the machine and it was exhibiting the same problems on the new installation.