[mythtv-users] Tuner Schedules

Rob Smith kormoc at mythtv.org
Sat Mar 19 18:17:37 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 1:57 AM, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Err, I don't recall suggesting re-writing a grabber either. There's a
> **HUGE** difference between inserting a line of code between "fetch
> and prepare data" and "insert into DB" (or "fetch and prepare data
> and insert into DB" and "return") - and rewriting a grabber.

it's not that simple. You'll have to detect which source you're
updating for (as he has tuners he doesn't want blacked out during that
window), and you have to provide an entirely valid xml feed down the
chain. You also have to take into account not just recordings that
start in the time window, but ones that end in there. It's not quite
as simple as you're thinking.