[mythtv-users] Frontend, strange CPU usage

Robert Longbottom rongblor at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 19 12:25:24 UTC 2011

On 19 Mar 2011, at 11:38 AM, Niklas Brunlid <prefect47 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just wanted to add my +1 here. I see this as well, but not only when the recording that is in progress is selected but as long as it is visible in the UI at all. If I scroll in the list so that it disappears, CPU goes back down to a few percent. It also goes down if I start playing any recording.
>
> / Niklas
>
> On 14 February 2011 22:53, raptor jr <raptorjr at hotmail.com> wrote:
> On the watch recordings screen, if i select a recording that is in progress(not start to play it, just select it), Mythfrontend after a few seconds goes upp to 98-99% CPU usage. If i move to another recording that is already done the CPU usage goes back to normal. Why is this happening? I'm running latest 0.24 trunk.
> I could have kind of understood this back in the days when the preview was live, but not now. What is taking that much CPU?
>
> /Stefan

I used to see this too. I think I decided that it was caused by the little animated graphics that show the recording is in progress!

I've not seen it lately, but I've switched themes and probably moved along a few versions in the 0.24-fixes branch.

It might be worth trying a different theme and see if the problem goes away. If it does then maybe try asking the theme author about it.

Robert.