[mythtv-users] MB for combined FE/BE: MSI 785GTM-E45

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Sat Mar 19 00:18:27 UTC 2011

Short question: Any downsides to using an MSI 785GTM-E45 as a combined FE/BE
for Myth ?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130237

Long Story: I'm building a combined FE/BE for someone. After specing and
ordering what I thought was a really nice machine, I find I now have an ATX
motherboard and a Micro-ATX case. DOH!

So, to avoid RMAing the memory and CPU too, I'm looking for a micro-atx
board to use my AMD Athlon II X2 255 and 2 2gig sticks of DDR2 1066

I have always used Nvidia video, but the only AMD micro-atx boards I see
with Nvidio video only have VGA connectors, no HDMI/DVI. Double DOH !

Which leaves me with Radeon boards I know nothing about.

So any comments on this board and/or alternate suugestions would be welcome.