[mythtv-users] Off topic - can someone identify this connector please, I think it's US standard.

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 07:48:59 UTC 2011

Another Sillyname wrote:

>  > Looks like an F Jack used with RG6 cable to me.  This page carries an
>>  adapter cable (no idea if they are any good or reputable, I'm in the
>>  US).
>>
>  > http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page7.htm
>I think you're right, I didn't realise you could get an 'unthreaded'
>F-connector, this would make sense.
>
>The 090-3636 on that page looks like it could work, what I need is
>that connector to a proper threaded F-Connector to which I can connect
>a normal UK antenna connector....

You mean like 090-3636 ( H090-3636 ) on that page ?

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

>And I've crimped heaps of those lately :)

What's the secret ? I've tried crimp F connectors but found them
really hard to do. I *think* I have the right size connector for the
cable (at least that's what I was specifically told to use when I
asked). It's been a while now, but IIRC the dimensions suggested that
I shouldn't strip back the sheath but crimp the ring over the sheath.
That means forcing the spigot on the connector up between the screen
and the outer sheath which just wanted to push the screening back
into a lump.

--
Simon Hobson