[mythtv-users] Adjusting closed caption delay on recorded prorams?

Pankaj Chauhan pankaj.chavan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 18:20:31 UTC 2011

Hello

I've searched various mythtv forums, wiki, docs, etc., and couldn't quite
find anything about being able to change the closed caption delay.  Allow me
to elaborate.  The CBS affiliate in my area has very laggy captions, in that
they appear a full 5-6 seconds later than they should.  This becomes really
annoying, since in the night, if I am watching recorded programs, I usually
turn the volume all the way down, and rely on the captions.  Because of the
delay, sometimes you lose the context of what is being described on the
screen.

I was wondering if there is a configuration option to "speed" up the
captions, or delay the video/audio.  If not, I am willing to look at the
code that actually puts the captions in, and perhaps modify it.  Any helpful
pointers?

Thanks in advance.

Pankaj